A few things about Those Ming Dynasty Stuff:
- First published in 2006;
- Over 5 million copies sold in 3 years;
- Best-selling history book ever;
- One of the 30 best-selling books since 1949;
- Winner of Best History Book Award;
- Has been translated into English, Japanese and Korean.
There is an interview of Shi by CCTV, which is quite interesting. How on earth would a 7-year-old pick up the "24 Histories" (二十四史) and start reading? (By the way, the "24 Histories" is not an ordinary book of history. The whole set contains 3213 volumes and about 40 million words, written in traditional classical form.) Why should such a young person, who also enjoy video games and comic books, sometimes talk like someone who has lived many lives? Was he a historian in his previous life?