Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Right Results for the Right-minded

Not wanting to lag behind the Jews and the Muslims, who already have their own religiously correct search engines (Jewogle for Jews and I'mHalal for Muslims), a group of Christians in the States have created SeekFind, a search engine that only returns results from websites that are considered consistent with the Holy Bible. According to the people behind it, SeekFind is designed to promote biblical truth by excluding information that does't meet the Christian standard.

It looks interesting. Let's give it a try.

I type "Obama" in the search field and SeekFind produces 115 results. The top search result is, "Is Barack Obama the antichrist?"  I try "Terry Jones" and the search engine takes me to a review of "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". I search "Democratic Party" and it shows me the nexus between the Democratic Party and Marxist politics. What about "sexuality"? I enter "sexuality" and am rewarded with a lecture on monergism and told why the Holy Spirit is the only agent which effects regeneration of Christians.

I am not sure whether these guys are doing a service or disservice to their beliefs.

4 comments:

Aileen said...

I'm Christian (and before that, couldn't stand Christians), with Jewish as well as Muslim close friends. I don't know whether to laugh or cry, and I'm pretty sure my friends would feel the same way.

This is how biases and prejudices get formed.

Aileen said...

W, don't really need to display this message with the link... Your entry was succinct and eloquent. Sometimes I find this subject so tragic and ironic. I had so many negative experiences with people and their religions. This church is the most positive experience I've ever encountered. Especially when they were rebuilding mosques - that's what I wanted to show you is all...


http://raisingrockstar.ecpod.com/2010/09/the-%E2%80%9Cenglish-speaking-church-in-hong-kong%E2%80%9D/

Aileen said...

Hi W, as spoken, this was the most positive experience I've had - where a church rebuilds a mosque. The account is based on what I saw from attending their services (sometimes missing a few) plus announcements for ~7years, I actually know virtually none of their staff personally.

http://raisingrockstar.ecpod.com/2010/09/the-%E2%80%9Cenglish-speaking-church-in-hong-kong%E2%80%9D/

ps: thank you for raising the potentially controversial topic

W said...

Hi Aileen,

The Christians building new mosques for the Muslims story deserves more coverage. Not only is it a great story, it's timely reflection on the Ground Zero Mosque and Terry Jones saga. Thanks for sharing it.

free counters